everything tastes better on a {lollipop} stick

Friday 3 August 2012

My daughters have always told me that "everything tastes better on a stick". When I saw a picture featuring Oreo cookie pops on Pinterest a while ago, I knew that I would have to try to make them with the girls.
We made our Oreo cookie pops as a treat to take to a friend's cottage the other weekend so I also had to come up with a way to display them. I started with an acrylic glass and filled it with styrofoam to hold the lollipop sticks straight. Then I added some paper sizzle to hide the styrofoam. I also tied a ribbon to one of the lollipop sticks to add a pop of colour. I can easily see these displayed at a food bar or at a birthday party.
Here's how I made the Oreo cookie pops:
I used the Double Stuf Oreo Cookies, our lollipop sticks, chocolate candy wafers and sprinkles.
1. Carefully insert the lollipop sticks into the white centre of the Oreo cookies and set aside.
2. Melt the chocolate candy wafers as per the product instructions and dip the top half of the cookie into the melted chocolate to coat.
3. Add coloured sprinkles before the chocolate hardens.
4. Set aside to dry.
Note: I only dipped the chocolate to cover about 1/2 of the cookie so that we could see the Oreo cookie logo. I also thought that it would be easier to set the cookies down to dry if they were not completely covered in chocolate (see photo below). You could cover the whole cookie if you want or use a different colour of candy wafer to tie into your party colour theme.

Hopefully, you will agree with me that "Oreo cookies taste better on a stick"!

⋅No comments